Enviro-Fish Africa, EFA, is a specialist consulting unit, housed within the Department of Ichthyology and Fisheries Science, Rhodes University, provides services in the fields of aquaculture development and fisheries management, coastal zone management, the conservation of aquatic biodiversity, resource management and development, capacity building, aquatic ecology and impact assessments in the marine and freshwater environments.
The team of consultants available to clients has a broad spectrum of expertise in these fields. This expertise is bolstered by a comprehensive network of associates throughout Africa, and organisational alliances with other reputable consulting organisations.
Our Mission is:
To provide specialist services in fisheries development and management, aquaculture development, biodiversity and catchment conservation, sector planning, and capacity building to support socio-economic development and ecological sustainability in Africa. This is achieved by:
- Combining the academic excellence of Rhodes University, and the delivery capabilities of an independent consulting company
- Employing top class professional expertise
- Fostering close working associations with reputable consulting firms
- Upholding the highest ethical and professional standards of operation
- Contributing actively to initiatives that are aimed at promoting economic development, improving food security, and promoting natural resource-based economic opportunities in Africa